Cleaner. Healthier. Environmentally Sustainable. Wellness & Wellbeing.
These are the characteristics of our Cities and Towns and the goal is to keep it so.
As the economy grows and utilization of the environment in various ways will be necessary, sustaining our work and life spaces to steadily increase quality of life and wellbeing of Kwarans must not be compromised.
The focus is on planning and monitoring to ensure the demand on the environment from which we derive our sustenance, does not exceed its carrying capacity for the present as well as future generations.
| KEY DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- 40% reduction in reported cases of bush burning in the State
- Legislature to support 50% reduction in tree burning for charcoal.
- Successful completion of 3 state-owned mechanical landfill plants by 2019
- Establish 50 waste management routes in Ilorin metropolis by 2016.
- Establish at least 10 waste management routes in each LGA headquarters by 2019.
- Establishment of a solid waste and wastewater management and conversion plan by 2019
- Clean up and decongest major markets.
- Tree planting to address climate change.